Re: OT: Michael D. Schleif -- and any other social network types

on Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 07:30:12PM -0600, John Hasler (john@dhh.gt.org) wrote:
> Karsten M. Self writes:
> > I don't know if I'm the only person you spammed with your social network
> > invitation.
>
> You weren't.

Thanks, I suspected not.

> Do these guys get some sort of a kickback for bringing in more
> suckers?

Directly or indirectly.  I see most of these systesm as insidious
marketing information harvesting scheme.  There's got to be considerably
more than some opaque "privacy policy" statement for me to change my
mind on this.

Peace.