Re: Failure mounting extra partition on boot

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 12:20 am, Bruce wrote:
> > I have a rather strange problem that I can't figure out.

> You have a bad mount option. "notail" is an option for ReiserFS, not
> ext3.
>
> Remove the "notail" option from /etc/fstab.
>
> Adam

That was it, thanks!

This was initially formatted as a ReiserFS partition, but I was having
some corruption problems transferring large files (DV files from a video
camera), so I reformatted it ext3, but only changed the filesystem type in
/etc/fstab.

Bruce