Re: What command tells you most about your hardware?

Thanks for the tips. Here's what I have so far:

# lspci

# uname -a

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
- gives you info about your cpu

# cat /proc/meminfo
- gives you info about your memory

# x86info
- a package that gives you the same as 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' but in some more
detail

# cpuid
- another package that gives you the same as 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' but in some
more detail

# free
- tells how much ram is free and how much is used.

and some I have not figured out how to use:
# man sysinfo
(I have not figured out how to use sysinfo. Seems to be some kind of system
call. I don't know how to do that stuff.)

# discover
(couldn't figure out how to get this one to tell my anything)

# hw-detect
 (couldn't find this packaged)

# hwdetect
(couldn't find this packaged either)

Have I left anyone's favorite one out?
Tips for the four I do not know how to use?

Thanks,

Roger