Re: postfix [was Re: Sendmail vs Exim vs Others]

Nano Nano wrote:
My first test message to the outside world bounced with:

<40119.nospam@comcast.net>: host smtp.comcast.net[216.148.227.125] said: 550 [PERMFAIL] comcast.net requires valid sender (in reply to RCPT TO command)

exim always added my "Sender" header for me.

I presume comcast is rejecting your email because it doesn't like the hostname given in the HELO/EHLO command. It saying 'comcast.net requires valid sender' sounds like it. What do 'postconf myorigin' and 'postconf myhostname' say? You (or rather comcast) want myorigin to be a hostname that's in the Internet DNS.

Tobias