OT - nForce, GeForce and VMWare

I'm finally giving VMWare a whirl, and am hoping someone here can help.

VMWare installed okay, and I was able to set up a virtual machine with Windows-98SE. However, I am unable to get sound working, and am also having some video issues.

My motherboard uses the nForce-2 chipset, with onboard sound. I was able to get the nForce Linux drivers up and running, and have sound outside of VMWare, but sound is disabled on 98SE within the VMWare virtual machine.

I was hoping that just installing the 98 drivers off the CD that came with my board would do the job, but the installer claims that there is no compatible hardware installed.

As for video, I am currently using the driver that comes with VMWare, VMWare SVGA-2. That enabled me to set my resolution properly (1024x768 - 32-Bit color). However, that particular driver doesn't allow realization of my video card's full potential. The card is a 256MB GeForce 5600 FX. Like with the nForce drivers, the nVidia drivers for Linux are working fine, but I can't get certain features working under Linux, specifically Direct 3D, and the Windows installer for the video card does not see the card as a compatible device. So what does it take to enable 3D features under VMWare? I'm trying the Windows version of America's Army as my test app, and it won't run because Direct 3D isn't working.

Any advice on these problems?

Thanks.