Re: libxstl problem

Jerome R. Acks wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 03:49:40AM +0100, knoppix wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I got that problem if anyone could help
>>
>> I am trying to install a software on my debian
>>
>> When I run the ./configure it says :
>>
>> configure: error: Could not find libxslt anywhere, please check ftp:/
>> xmlsoft.org/ for libxslt >= 1.0.7.
>>
>> so I downloaded it and when I make
>> dpkg -i libxslt_1.1.2-2_i386.deb
>
> I only saw rpms at ftp://xmlsoft.org

I actually downloaded a rpm and did alien -d to make it a .deb

>> it answers
>> dpkg: error processing libxslt_1.1.2-2_i386.deb (--install):
>>  trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libexslt.so.0.8.2', which is also in
>>  package
>> libxslt1.1
>
> You could install with:
> dpkg -i --force-overwrite libxslt_1.1.2-2_i386.deb

I did that and the ./configure stille can't find the libxslt
I also tried ./configure --with-libxslt-dir=/usr/bin
and it still answers not found
and if I do apt-get install libxslt it says libxslt is already the new
version
so if is installed why can't he find it ???

> But before you do that, install debian built packages that you have not
> yet installed on your system. To get a list a what you have already
> installed and what is not yet installed:
>
>  dpkg -l libxslt*

I did that but it is an unknown command
I am on knoppix

thx again