Re: ATI radeon 9200, 2.6 kernel, xfree 4.3 - but still bad performance (dri failing?)

> On Sunday 25 January 2004 8:46 am, Peter Schönfeld wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > try   http://kano.mipooh.net/  there is a script called
> >
> > install-radeon-debian.sh, run it as root with X not running.

OK took the plunge

1) It has replaced the XFree open source driver with the ati proprietary one

but

2) The quality of my sound has improved as a result?????????

and

3) It still doesn't work - although the reason my be easier to track down

I now have no /dev/dri/card0 device.

This seemed to have been created automatically before - this time its not
there (although the directory is).

4) one extra piece of information

(II) fglrx(0): Primary head:
 Monitor   -- NONE
 Connector -- DVI-I
 DAC Type  -- TVDAC/ExtDAC
 TMDS Type -- Internal
 DDC Type  -- DVI_DDC
(II) fglrx(0): Secondary head:
 Monitor   -- CRT
 Connector -- VGA
 DAC Type  -- Primary
 TMDS Type -- NONE
 DDC Type  -- VGA_DDC

Notice how the primary head is the DVI connector - which I don't have, so am
connected to the Secondary Head.  Does this matter? (I have a DVI to VGA
converter plug so I could switch over)

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk