booting problem with tpconfig after removing it

Hi,

I encountered a strange problem today. Suddenly my notebook stops
booting after starting klogd.

I am running 2.6.1 and unstable.

After booting into single user mode I tried to manually start
everything in rc2.d via /etc/init.d xyz start and discovered that
/etc/init.d/tpconfig hangs. In the shell I could kill it with Ctrl-C,
but during boot up there was no chance to kill it.

Maybe it is because the tpconfig package was removed. I don't know.

So if anybody encountered the same problem. Just remove the links from
/etc or purge the package.

juh

--
Die Schröder-Dummies