Re: XF86 config for LCD/CRT

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Chris Searle wrote:

> [...]
[...]
> Do you run kdm/gdm/xdm? If so - how do you start two servers?
>
> I take it I just have two separate XF86Config-4 files - one for each
> server?

I use gdm, for starting two server you just have to add an entry in
gdm.conf like the following:

[servers]
# These are the standard servers.  You can add as many you want here
# and they will always be started.  Each line must start with a unique
# number and that will be the display number of that server.  Usually just
# the 0 server is used.
0=Standard
1=X800

[server-Standard]
name=Standard server
command=/usr/bin/X11/X -audit 0 -deferglyphs 16 -nolisten tcp
flexible=true

#this is the definition of another server
[server-X800]
name=Standard server
command=/usr/bin/X11/X -audit 0 -deferglyphs 16 -nolisten tcp -xf86config /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.800
flexible=true

Xavier