Re: .config how to change

Privat said:

> Hi i have a question about the following config
>
> root@fileserver:/usr/src/linux-2.4.22# grep PDC .config
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_OLD=y
> # CONFIG_PDC202XX_BURST is not set
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_NEW=y
> CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE=y
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX=y
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC=y
>
> How is it possible to change the configuration
> What I mean is what do I have to do if I want this configuration,
> because at the moment my PDC20268 does not work correct:
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_OLD=y
> # CONFIG_PDC202XX_BURST is not set
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_NEW=y
> CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE=y
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX=y
> # CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC=y
> do i only have to edit it vi ?
> or is there anything more to do ?

Hi Michael,
the "normal" way to configure this is by typing one of the following:
"make config", which will ask you a series of questions about the
configuration;
"make menuconfig", which will present a menu system to access different
sections of the kernel config.
I think there are also frontends for X windows available, but I tend not
to go down that path myself.

Once it's saved you can build your kernel and it's modules.

Of course, you should maybe read up some more on kernel building before
trying to roll your own.

Have fun,
Ciaran.