Re: Looking for bleeding edge distro

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 03:37:29PM -0500, Brad Cramer wrote:
> Are there any Debian based distros that use KDE 3.2rc1, kernel 2.6.x,
> XFree4.3.0 all of that bleeding edge type stuff. I am willing to give
> anything a try as long as it is deb based (don't like RPM's)
> Thanks
> Brad

Why do you need a distro to get the bleeding edge software you need?
Whats wrong with running unstable with software from experimental?

Even most Rpm based distro's do not have a release that supports the software
you want.  If you really need the most current version of something, you might
be better off getting the source from CVS and building your own packages, or
installing it yourself.  In fact at the rate of kernel development a release
candidate is out almost every week or so. I hope you have good backups of your
software, so you know exactly what breaks your system.

Rthoreau