Re: apt/sources.list error

> > I'm running woody, but need to install a backport of postfix. So I
> > added to /etc/aptsources.list the line:
> >
> >   deb http://people.debian.org/~hmh/woody/ hmh/postfix/
>
> 	This sounds strange, should be /etc/apt/sources.list.  Are you sure
> about the line?  hmh/postfix/ sounds strange, check that it is really
> there.

The actual url of the postfix backport is:

http://people.debian.org/~hmh/woody/hmh/postfix/postfix_2.0.16-4.woody.1_i386.deb

> > What is thi
> > file /var/lib/apt/lists/people.debian.org...? It does not exist on my
> > machine.
>
> 	It should be created by apt.  Try apt-get instead of aptitude...

Argh! That's it. Thanks, Leandro. I've gone through some anguish
before with my sources.list, and it may simply have been due to
aptitude not working as expected. The apt-get worked just fine, and
created the expected file.

Thank you.

Haines Brown