Re: wanted: postfix incoming mail server HOWTO

Sometime near Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:56:36PM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I need to set up a box that will accept mail for some domain names. I need
> a HOWTO to help me through it though. (I'm already sending mail nicely
> from the box.)
>
> Right now I'm reading through:
> 	http://www.postfix.org/basic.html#mydestination
>
> I'm looking for something that has more of a Step 1. Step 2. approach than
> this one. Specifically: I need to be able to receive email for multiple
> domain names. I'm not sure if I need to adjust the postfix config files
> each time, or if I can just store all of the domain names in a file and
> have postfix check the file to see what it should be collecting email for.

Hi Emma,

I assume your boxen are running debian, if so, apt-get install postfix
will ask you which domains the server should accept mail for. Just
select "Internet site" as the type of install or whatever it calls it.

If you already have the _debian_ version of postfix installed then you
can be asked all these questions again by doing

$ dpkg-reconfigure postfix

Simple :D
--
Cheers,