Re: Boot to execute lilo

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 07:52:27PM +0100, Florian Sukup wrote:
> Now I just want to boot the installed Debian testing system to execute
> lilo. How can I do this using an (unoffical) Debian testing install dvd?

There was a similar question few days/weeks ago; the way I do it is to
boot off an install cd, mount the system fs at /mnt/foo; and do chroot
/mnt/foo.  Then I can play with the system, as if I booted normally.
The tricky part is to resolve which partition your system resides on ;-)

> I have an old SuSE CD, where I have the option 'boot installed system',
> where I could boot my system just to run lilo and then reboot regularly.

Maybe you'd be even able to use this; I tend to use the Debian Binary-1 CD.

HTH, YMMW.
Jan.

--
Jan Minar                   "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 9