Re: More 2.6.0 woes

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 01:27:01AM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
| On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 12:14:17AM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
|
| > I am now getting loads of messages into syslog like below. The previous kernel
| > 2.4.22 did report one spurious serial interupt but that was all.  Any idea
| > how to stop this flow of messages into syslog (as you can see, several a
| > second)
| >
| > Jan  9 23:38:28 kanger kernel: evbug.c: Event. Dev: isa0060/serio0/input0,
| > Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0
|
| rmmod evbug  stops that; to make it permanent, I removed evbug from the
| /lib/modules/<version>/modules.inputmap  but I don't know if this is The
| Right Way.  If it's not The Right Way, I'd like to be updated.

I renamed the file in /lib/modules/2.6.0-1-386/kernel/drivers/input
from evbug.ko to evbug.ko---No_Debugging_Please.  This way the module
tools won't find it when they try to load it.  Come to think of it, I
don't think I have rebooted since I did that, so I don't know if
depmod will still find it and it will be loaded.  If it does, then
removing it would certainly stop it from being loaded :-).

| Someone could tell me why make-kpkg created kernels load evbug at boot
| by default if it's compiled?  That doesn't really seem a good idea to
| me.  Not at all.

I agree that debugging shouldn't be the default, especially when it
results in such vast quantities of data.

-D

--
\begin{humor}
Disclaimer: