Re: linux bewbie lame question

Andreas Janssen wrote:

Hello

Kent West (<westk@acu.edu>) wrote:

Mild Netiquette Training:

4] Use line wrapping

Is my text not wrapping? I'm using mozilla-thunderbird, and I have it configured to wrap plain text messages at 72 chars. However, I compose my mail with the HTML editor, but when I hit send and am asked if I want to send HTML or Plain Text, I always choose Plain Text when sending to this list.

When I get the list's version of my posted message and read it in moz-thunderbird, it looks fine. When I use mutt to read the message (I'm using IMAP, so I can get to the same message from both email clients while it's still on the server), the message wraps fine and is readable.

But at least two folks have added this "use line wrapping" to my "Mild Netiquette Training" list, which makes me suspect that my messages aren't wrapping.

I want to "do the right thing", so let me know one way or the other please, and if I'm not wrapping, I'll take any hints as to why not when it seems that moz-thunderbird is correctly configured.

--
Kent