Re: printer icon

Antony Gelberg wrote:

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 04:36:39PM -0500, Paul Morgan wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:38:29 +0000, Antony Gelberg wrote:

Don't feed the trolls.  That's the second one today!

What, are you like the list police or something?

No.  We all are.  I am trying to give useful advice.  Please don't take it
so personally.

I have to go with Antony on this one; we're all "list police". Antony's just trying to encourage us to ignore messages that aren't legitimate, of which this one "seems" to be one.

There have been a lot of these type messages come through in the past few months; messages that almost sound legit, but have a "stink" about them. I strongly suspect there must be some new virus/spambot that's generating these type messages. Here are some examples from the November archives (and the first page of December's - I got tired of looking them up), all of which "feel" like spam:

Case Study 1:
----
Subject Line:
Soundcard problem

Body:
i have a old motherboard msi don't know the model number!
it has an on-board soundcard is there anyway to find out which soundcard drivers i need?

thanx

dean

Comments: A very generic subject line, along with generic information, phrased more like what you'd hear on a Windows list than a Linux list.

Case Study 2:
----