Fatal error in gallery: undefined canread()

Hello. Today I found an unexpected error in gallery. It returns:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: canread() in
/usr/share/gallery/classes/User.php on line 90

When connecting to the main gallery (http://<host>/gallery). I just don't
understand. There is a call to $album->canRead() [note capitalization is
different than the error message] in User.php, l.90. This function is
defined in Album.php. There is no explicit include of Album.php in User.php.

However, everything was working well two weeks before, as I recall. I
regularly check/update the gallery. I'm using woody, and I also follow all
security updates, but I can't see any php/gallery related security update in
december in http://www.debian.org/security/.

A google search of my error message only leads me to a similar error in
someone else's gallery. At least I'm not alone. But I'm very confused. Help?

Regards,
					Victor