Re: META: Re: When the thread wanders too far

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:20:22 +0100, Eugen Leitl <eugen@leitl.org> wrote:

> So much easier to just ban abusing list members, after suitable warning.

One could ask for no clearer demonstration of the animus that fuels the
fervor of the so-called "Open" and "Free" (source, software, whatever)
crowd than the simple statement cited above.

Let us have revolution by all means, let us FREE all the peoples of the
earth, let us OPEN up computing to all those peoples, and if there is
the occasional awkward moment, when the tranquillity of our perfect
solution is intruded upon by those who insist on talking about their
irksome concerns, then, yes, it is SO MUCH EASIER TO JUST BAN ABUSING
LIST MEMBERS.

When freedom and tolerance seem to fail, repression always is an
answer. Sound familiar? Be afraid, children, be very afraid.

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely