Re: PDF Form Editing.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 01:48:35PM -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Nayyar Ahmed wrote:
> >Hello All,
> >
> >I want to edit a PDF form, is there any utility ?

unfortunately no

at least as far as i know

acroread 5.5 does quite good when it comes to fill out forms created by
acrobat 5.5 or earlyer.

but th moment you run across any newer document the only choice you have
is to search for the damn windows cd's you wanted to bin ages ago...

i keep a win2k on vmware just for adobes acrobat.
it's the only choice i have when i get back documents from my boss. he
uses acrobat 6 to annotate it and no linux-based pdf viewer is able to
show these annotations.

the same is true for some fill-out forms from our business travel
department and some controlers... they want it back electronically
and only acrobat full version
is able to store back filled forms. there we go and need winFUCK because
adobe is not willing to release acrobat for linux

i really spent a good bunch of time searching for an appropriate tool
but there is none.

greets
mlo

--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

            They that can give up essential liberty
	    to obtain a little temporary safety
	    deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                   Benjamin Franklin

Microsoft, I think, is fundamentally an evil company.
 - JAMES H. CLARK

*** NEW PUBLIC KEY ***
my gpg-key ID: F1AAD37D
http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF1AAD37D