Re: Connection timeouts with SSH and CVS

Norman Davis wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:02:26 -0500, Adam Aube <aaube01@baker.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Is ECN off (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn)? You can check/set it with
>> sysctl.

> net.ipv4.tcp_ecn was 0.

So it was already off.

> I just now set it to 1. CVS and SSH still don't work.

Turning ECN on isn't likely to fix connection problems.

> I guess I want to leave net.ipv4.tcp_ecn at 0?

ECN can sometimes cause connection problems because some devices don't
handle it properly, breaking TCP connections. You can turn it on if you
like, just keep it in mind if you're troubleshooting TCP connection issues
in the future.

Adam