USB printer installation(How to do)

Hi,

I have an HP / DeskJet 3650 printer and wish to install it on my Debian
Sarge OS. I have read documentation over linuxprinting and installed
cups, but whenever I install my printer throw "printconf", which
supposely should be on /dev/usb/lp0, it istalls it over
"usb://3650?serial=TH39J1800Z6B". When I try to print the printer
doesn't respond. It doesn't move an inch. Should it default to that
port? In the web interface of cups, /dev/usb/lp0 isn't present. How
should I do it? Can anyone help?

best regards,

--
Telmo Silva <tsilva@zmail.pt>