Re: [Way off topic] the politics of ubuntu.org

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:16:01 -0500, Roberto Sanchez
<roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
> Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> > Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> >> You missed on of the best:
> >>
> >> "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under
> >> the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and
> >> a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to
> >> heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and
> >> a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast
> >> away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace,
> >> and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose;
> >> a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to
> >> sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a
> >> time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."
> >

> > This quote doesn't mention "a time to think", even less "a time to
> > question"... but if you started doing that, the bible - nor the quran -
> > would not stand for very long. Unless you start to "doublethink" of
> > course :-)
> >
> >> Ecclesiates 3:1-8
> >

> > = bull....
> >

> What do you think "a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" means,
> then?
>
> I agree that the Q'uran contradicts itself numerous times, but there is
> no evidence of such thing in the Bible.  Care to back up your statement?

Uhm many wars were fought in the OT while in the NT Jesus tells us to
turn the other cheek. Off course this can be seen as a correction or a
new development or whatever. In any case the views conflict.

greets,
Wim