Re: saslauthd? I can't seem to get it installed for postfix..

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:52:13 -0500, Charles Read
<debianlist@charlesread.com> wrote:
> Hey everybody!
>
> I am trying to run a postfix with sasl support on my Debian box.  I
> have tried apt-getting all sasl packages and saslauthd is nowhere to be
> found on my system...  how has everybody else done it?  Also, I know
> postfix has to be compiled with sasl support for it to work... how can
> I do this with apt-get?  Is it automatically done when I apt-get the
> postfix package or how does that work?
>
> Anything is appreciated!!!

With Sarge you find "saslauthd" in the sasl2-bin
(http://packages.debian.org helps), don't recall if Postfix has
support for sasl, if you need to compile the package look in the
apt-get manual for the "source" command. After apt download and unpack
the source archive you need to modify the option as suits you better
and finally you create the package.

When configuring postfix, keep in mind that it runs chrooted.

Andrea