unsubscribe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Vettorello" <andrea.vettorello@gmail.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: sem_open / how to use NPTL?

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 02:29:16 +0100, Viktor Horvath <duke586@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello everybody,

forgive me for bothering you, but after hours and hours of searching, I'm
stuck. For my university, I've to program some easy things with POSIX.4
semaphores. I know that I need kernel 2.6 and NPTL for that, and I have
kernel 2.6.7, gcc 3.3.5 and libc6-i686 well installed. But a minimal
program, shown below, compiled with "gcc -o minimal -lpthread minimal.c"
keeps saying "sem_open: function not implemented" as if I were still using
old LinuxThreads. However, getconf says:

$ getconf _POSIX_SEMAPHORES
1
$ getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION
NPTL 0.60

On Fedora Cora 2 (computer at my university that I connected via ssh), it
works flawlessly. What am I missing?

Don't know if the the default glibc in Debian ("libc6") supports NPTL,
for sure seems that "libc6-i686" does it...

Andrea