Re: Wishlist: Search feature [was Re: Bluetooth in the kernel]

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 04:51:28PM +1100, Sam Watkins wrote:
> This unfortunately doesn't seem to tell you where in the menu hierarchy
> something will appear, but all the descriptions are there.

clever grepping of the .config file will help you see things near it and
help you zone in.   you have to use the option name not the friendly
text

I always have trouble finding the new "low-throughput usb driver".  It's
buried good.

The kernel menu isn't so huge it's impossible to simply go through every
page.  I always do.