Re: {ugh} Front Page Extensions

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:30:59 -0500
"John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com> wrote:

> I've been on this list awhile now, and I've never seen this topic.  I
> was wondering if anyone here would consider mentoring a newbie
> (off-list) with the installation of {ugh} FP Extensions on an
> up-to-date Debian Sarge server?  Any tips/pitfalls?  I've read what I
> can find on related FPE sites, but I'd like some first-hand feedback
> from someone that has installed on Debian.  Apache is already
> installed and serving several virtual hosts. Thanks - John

I've done it before, but that was on a Woody install. (Apache 1.3.xx.)

Do you have a server you can test it on, before doing it on the
production machine with virtual hosts? Even if it's a desktop machine,
it can save you some painful late-night troubleshooting.

If you haven't already, make sure that the version of apache you're
using is on the list of versions supported:
http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/

If you have any problems, you'd probably be best posting them here and
then we'll try to help as we can.

HTH,
Jacob