Re: OpenOffice exporting EPS files

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:56:52 -0200, Frederico Rodrigues Abraham
<devotion97@gmail.com> wrote:
> i am exporting a powerpoint drawing into an EPS file for a
> dissertation i'm doing in LaTeX.
> does anybody know any other way to do this?
> i have already tried exporting through Microsoft PowerPoint, but it's
> EPS exporter is terrible.

Have you tried printing to a file and going from there?  From what
I've seen, M$ print-to-file is essentially postscript with an extra
line at the top.  If you chop that out, so that the first line begins
with something like "%!PS-Adobe-2.0", you should be able to run
ps2epsi to generate encapsulated PS.  Printing to a file from
OpenOffice.org should be exactly a postscript file.

I've never worked with transparent objects before, though (at least
not in postscript), so I don't know if this will be any better than
what you've tried already.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh