Re: About to take the plunge, one last nit

Andrew Schulman wrote:
http://k3b.sourceforge.net
http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

plus many other backend tools that these call, e.g. cdrecord, transcode,
mkisofs, growisofs, sox, dvdbackup, ....  All the power you could want.

Thanks to you and Ron for the pointers. Not quite what I wanted but it got me started in the right direction. Also not as simple as Nero but then I really don't need to be as long as I understand the chain. Ended up using k3b as the front end and ffmpeg to convert the files to mpeg1/mpeg2 for k3b. Also might need kdenlive for some video editing. Not too bad since I was looking for some of these tools a few days ago on Windows and not liking what I was finding. :)