Re: urxvt cannot scroll when using with 'screen'

Vin Jacob wrote:

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 02:41:54AM +1100, Sam Watkins wrote:
On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 03:29:56PM +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
ThanhVu Nguyen wrote:

Anyone else faces this problem ?   the scroll button
or the scroller doesn't work when run screen.
Have you tried with another terminal? You usually can't scroll when using screen, afaik.
screen implements its own scrolling stuff separate from the host terminal,
and the host terminal's scrolling won't work.

you can scroll back with ^A <pageup> etc.  (if your screen escape char is ^A)

^A <pageup> does not work for me, I usually go to copy mode ( ^A Esc)
and then scroll. Am I missing something here?

It doesn't work for me either (screen/woody). I don't do the latter because I didn't think of it - thanks for the tip!