Re: how to track down dns SERVFAIL?

--On Friday, December 10, 2004 10:34 +1030 David Purton <dcpurton@chariot.net.au> wrote:

hmm - so if it returns

        No nameservers found for sydneyanglicans.net

then I can probably assume that its not my fault right?

No that usually means something is pretty wrong......I poked around in that zone, the zone itself might be OK...it's hard ot say without having zonefiles for both that zone, and the zone with the nameservers right in front of me. it could be someone elses problem doo, .net could be a little out of synch, or .au or .com.au ... the point is there are a lot of places to go wrong.