ddclient uses an unreasonable amount of CPU time

Hi,

I'm using ddclient 3.6.2-3 in Debian Sarge in daemon mode to keep my
DynDNS.org hostname updated. I have configured it to check the IP
address of eth0 every minute, but for some reason ddclient uses 10 to
20 % of the CPU all the time.

Is there anything that can be done about it? I don't know what it is
doing, but it doesn't seem reasonable, even though it's running on a
slow machine.

Is there another DynDNS.org client in Debian that support custom
accounts (i.e. your own domain name)?

Best regards,
Andreas