Re: File-->Quit doesn't work any more: A firefox bug?

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 11:01:06AM -0500, Xinjiang Lu wrote:
> Testing debian:
> After I upgraded mozilla-firefox from 1.0 to 1.0-2(or maybe 1.0-4 as
> told by dpkg -l), File-->Quit doesn't work anymore.  Sure I can close
> all tabs by clicking "X" button,  I am just curious if this is a firefox
> bug or related to other packages.

It works for me. It even closes all Firefox instances that are open,
not just the one in which I do File->Quit, which isn't how I meant it
to. Oh well. Anyway, I have an old version: 0.8.12.

Does ALT-F4 work?

You say you can close individual tabs with the X button, at least
that's how I understand it. Does pressing the close button for the
whole program work? So the "X" in the upper right corner usually?

Can you close the program by doing something in the window bar? I
thought you could get there by pressing a combination of Control or
Alt with Space or Enter, but none of the combos seem to work. Using
KDE here. Clicking with the mouse on the upper left corner of the
window/title bar works as well. You get a menu, one of the options
being "Close". Does that work?

"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill