Unreal Tournament (Toshiba Keyboard, Synaptics?)

Hello,
I am trying to get my laptop running Debian, with all the fixings that it has in XP (and I am so close!). Right now I have an issue with running Unreal Tournament. The issue is there seems to be lag/stuck keys when I play (and hence I can't play). Now I disabled the synaptics and the problem was less, but it wasn't gone. Also, I changed my atkbd.c to not print out erroros on unknown key presses as advised on some sites. Any ideas? The problem really isn't there in regular X and the console, (however there seems to be a slight lag whenever I change from console to X, but that could be many things).

Paul