Search Algorithm

First of all, I want to leave clear that I know that
the question that I am asking for, does not have to do
with this list, but I dare to ask this question here
because I am sure that here are a lot of good
programming and scientisitics guys and may be one of
you can help me.

I am programming a function to search in an array, I
know there is the binarysearch algorithm, an other
good methods to search, but I want something that does
not take to long.

my array is in the form like:

myarray[1002] = 7507003101473;
myarray[1003] = 7507003101473;
myarray[1004] = 7507003101473;
myarray[1005] = 7507003101473;
myarray[1006] = 7507003101473;
myarray[1007] = 7507003101473;
myarray[1008] = 7507003101473;
myarray[1015] = 7507003101473;
myarray[1016] = 7507003101473;
myarray[1019] = 7507003101473;
.
.
.
myarray[8240] = 7507003182403;

The array is formed dinamically from a file.

I am wondering if there is some way to find a specific
value with a derivative method or something like that
. I found at www.nist.gov/dads/HTML and algorithm that
implements
the Newton Raphson method the formula is:
x0 = 0, x1= n-1, i = 1 and v is the array

 xi+1 = xi - (v[xi]-k) * (xi - xi-1)/(v[xi] -
v[xi-1]).

but since the formula uses the values of the array
and the values that my array have are too big the
xi+1(the next indes) goes out of range.

I will appreciate any help or point to a source of
information.

Regards.

=====
--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)