Re: Save/restore ALSA mixer settings

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:40:07 +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
>  --- David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
>> What two calls should I put in here to get the mixer setting saved and
>> restored?
>
> alsactl store
> alsactl restore

The latest alsa packages should handle this for you correctly
provided you set up /etc/modprobe.d/sound as follows (where your sound
card driver name should be substituted for 'snd-cs46xx'):

    alias snd-card-0 snd-cs46xx
    alias sound-slot-0 snd-cs46xx
    install snd-cs46xx /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-cs46xx &&
    /usr/lib/alsa/modprobe-post-install snd-cs46xx

(Beware: the last line may be wrapped by my mail composer.)

alsaconf should set up /etc/modprobe.d/sound for you correctly.

--
Thomas Hood