Re: no sound from 'play'

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 02:25:18PM -0400, Amit Poddar wrote:
> did u configure ur sound card?? first do that . and make sure u have
> formated ur sound card to the alsa. that is will be the best. aite.
> feel free to email me bak if u are having any trouble.
>
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:41:13 -0400, Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net>
> wrote:
> > I get sounds from gnome actions. xmms and xine both work well, but
> > 'play' gives me nothing. What's going on?

What are you talking about? Why should the sound card need to be
configured for 'play' when it doesn't need to be configured for 'xmms'?

How does one 'format' a sound card? It does no good to tell me to do
something without some clue as to *how* to do it.

--
"Those who write clearly have readers, those who write obscurely have
 commentators." -- Albert Camus, writer and philosopher (1913-1960)