Re: instalation problem

Sergio Basurto wrote:

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:28:51 -0700 (PDT), lado samushia
wrote:

Hi gays,

I'm gonna migrate to Linux and would like to install
Debian on my comp. I have already downloaded iso
images and burnt them on CDs; problem is that when I
insert the CD and restart it doesn't boot Debian (in
setup menu primary boot device is CD-ROM and when I
insert Windows XP installation disk it does).

could you help me, please, to figure out whats the
problem and how to fix it.

Sincerely,
Lado.

Did you try the cd's on other computer just for assure
that the images were burned correctly.
What software and what OS did you use to burn it?
It did happend to me before.

Try to look for an oftion to create ISO image when burning. I think that is what I messed up once when I burned the CD on NERO. Or iin some software it is an option track at once or something like that, but try to look for the ISO option first. It should burn an bootable ISO image. That was the problem I encountered when I did not burn in on Linux.

Also if the cdrom is not recognized you will need to
make a floppy disk in order to boot.

The instructions are at:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-rescue-boot.en.html#s-boot-from-floppies
"5.3 Booting from Floppies"

Regards

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)