Re: Knoppix question

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 10:46:07AM +0800, Lian Liming wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I wonder if i can install knoppix directly to the hard disk?
>    I heard that the knoppix is based on debian system. So after
> installed the knoppix to hard disk, can i use the "apt " package tools
> on it?
>    Thank you for suggestions!

Yes, you can install Knoppix on hard disk, and make it bootable.
The instructions as to how to do it are on the Knoppix disk somewhere.
I remember seeing them, but don't remember exactly where.
Consider, instead, installing the real Debian. Many people of only modest
skill have done it, myself included.

Concerning apt: Yes, the program works, but the packages in the Debian
repository and world-wide mirrors, are not tuned to work with Knoppix.
They are tuned to work with the real Debian.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net