Re: OT, dvd player playable jpeg pictures

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:00:52 +0200, Martin Dickopp wrote:

>> Anybody know what kind of jpeg pictures are playable in normal dvd player?
>>
>> I burned some, but it seems that DVD players are very picky about the
>> pictures they can show.
>>
>> My DVD player manual can't help me with this. I've looked everywhere, but
>> didn't find any relevant information.
>
> Convert your JPEG pictures to MPEG format and make an ordinary Video DVD
> out of these. Any player should be able to play this.
>
> The mjpegtools can do the conversion. Search the documentation for "MPEG
> stills". An MPEG still is essentailly an MPEG video with a single frame,
> and can also contain audio which is played while the picture is shown.

Thanks, Martin.

You are talking about converting jpeg into mpeg movies, but I was talking
about viewing jpeg pictures directly by DVD player. Many DVD players
claim that they can do it, e.g.:

http://www.dtskaraoke.com/auakdvcddvvc.html
DVD/CDG/DVD-R/DVCD/DVD-RW/JPEG/VCD/MP3/SVCD/CD-R/CD-RW/CD/Karaoke CD

http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=en&section=2&group=4&product=2894
DVD
    * Picture Zoom
    * JPEG Picture Viewer

And mine support mp3 discs and jpeg picture discs...

Thanks

tong