fail to load module on linux2.6.8

Hello,
I wrote a atm driver module similar to the src/drivers/atm/nicstar.c. But when I load the module, it always complains the below error message:

insmod nicstartbcn.ko
insmod: error inserting 'nicstartbcn.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

I checked the dependence of the module. It needs suni, IDT77105. But they are in place.
I use strace to locate where problem is:
init_module(ELF", 0x7840)          = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(2, "insmod: error inserting \'nicstar"..., 70insmod: error inserting 'nicstartbcn.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

Would you please give me any information about how to fix it? Your information would be highly appreciated!

Huasheng