Re: SWAT problem

On Sunday 24 October 2004 12:25 pm, Stuart Murray wrote:
> Thought I'd sent this earlier, but it hasn't come
> through the list.  Anyhow, apologies if its a repeat.
>
> I'm trying to use SWAT to configure SAMBA.  When I try
> to connect to it on http://localhost:901 I get
> connection refused error.

Swat is probably not running.  Try this:

"Add the following line to /etc/inetd.conf:

swat stream tcp nowait:400 root /usr/local/samba/bin/swat swat

( assuming swat it found at /usr/local/samba/bin ), and then

kill -1 <pid of inetd>

to get it to re-read the config. Then it should work ok."

--
Alvin Smith