[Fwd: [connector] comments/questions on evolution, evolution-exchange 2.0.2 (Debian/Sid)]

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: James D. Freels <freelsjd@ornl.gov>
To: connector@lists.ximian.com
Cc: debian-users@lists.debian.org
Subject: [connector] comments/questions on evolution, evolution-exchange
2.0.2	(Debian/Sid)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:37:06 -0400
I removed my hold on evolution-1.4.6 once evolution-exchange was
released into Debian/Sid from experimental.  I have the following
comments/questions:

1) I was able to interface with the exchange server here and
send/receive e-mail.  The main change after the upgrade was to change
the e-mail user name from "uid" to "domain\uid".

2) secure password did not seem to work. Only the plain-text password
worked.  Is this a server or client issue ?

3) the exchange-server calendar seemed to work fine as expected

4) the exchange-server global-address-list does NOT seem to work.  Does
this imply that the "openldap-ntlm.diff" patch is still required in
order for global-address-list to function ?  Any chance that this patch
will/could get enabled into the Debian packages so that it will work ?

5) The attachment of files during the composer of a new e-mail is very
slow.  It seems as if the machine is creating an index of the entire
hard drive each time a new file is attached ?

6) I don't seem to have the memory-leak problems posted as bug reports
in the Debian bug reporting system.

That is it for now.  I am posting this first before submitting bug
reports.