Re: Mutt/GPG: *un*encrypted copies to self?

"Shot (Piotr Szotkowski)" <shot@hot.pl> writes:

> Recently I started learning how to use GPG for signing and encrypting my
> mail, and today noticed that the outgoing encrypted messages are copied
> into $record folder *after* the encryption; as you can imagine, this
> makes them quite useless for me, as I don't have the recipient's private
> key.
>
> Is there any standard way of telling mutt to copy messages to $record
> *before* encrypting them? I could probably play with fcc-hook and/or
> conditionally adding a Bcc: header, but I wonder whether this is not
> solvable in some easier way...

I don't know of a way to store the message before encrypting it, but a
standard solution to this problem is to encrypt the message with your
own key in addition to the recipient's key. GnuPG will do this
automatically if you put the line

    encrypt-to "your-key-id"

in your ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf file.

Martin

--
  / ,- )    Martin Dickopp, Dresden, Germany    ((_/)o o(\_))