Re: opengl, ati radeon mobility m7

Paolo Alexis Falcone wrote:
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:54:10 -0700 (PDT), Richard Weil <rcweil@yahoo.com> wrote:

What does it take to get hardware accelerated open gl working?

Try using the "radeon" driver instead of the "ati" driver and see what happens.

I believe that the Mobility series of Radeons use an entirely different
chipset, which is not understood by the DRI developers.

The only feasible way (of which I know) to get DRI on the Mobility
Radeon is to use the proprietary fglrx drivers from ATI.  Just a
warning though, their quality is lacking.

-Roberto Sanchez