Re: FAT32 as mount for /home?

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:59:20 +0200, Andrea Vettorello
<andrea.vettorello@gmail.com> wrote:
> IIRC FAT32 lacks user/group and the default attributes (rwx, correct
> me if i'm wrong), so IMHO not a good idea to use for home...
>
> You should find some windos programs to read (only?) ext2 partitions
> (never used myself).

explore2fs is pretty good. I think there are some commercial ext2
drivers doing the rounds for windows but I've never used them.

You could investigate using UMSDOS (fat16+extras, I think), although
to be honest, they're all pretty crap file systems.

--
Jon Dowland
dowland@gmail.com