DVD standard "+" or "-"?

I am interested in getting an opinion from folks. In the DVD standards
wars, who do you think is winning, "DVD+" or "DVD-"?

Here's why I ask: The spankie CD/DVD drive in this Sony is both "+"
and "-", and it and Linux write to whatever blank media I choose to
put in it. But I do not know if in the future any new machine I can
get will have as spankie a drive as this one. Therefore, if there is
a trend toward "+" or "-" becoming predominant, I would prefer to buy
that media so it will be easier to read in the future.

So what do y'all think?

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001