ATI 3D acceleleration and dpkg-divert

Hi list,

I have an Ati 9600XT graphical card and I want to get 3D acceleration with the propriatary drivers (fglrx). I am using debian Sid with the last xserver version (4.3.0.dfsg.1-7).

Following the "ATI Radeon Linux How-To", I managed to get the 3D acceleration with the previous xserver version (4.3.0.dfsg.1-6) but overwriting the MESA libGL library with the ATI one, through a "dpkg --force-overwrite -i fglrx.deb". Everything worked well but I had a lot of troubles upgrading the xserver due to the libGL library. So I decided to make use of "dpkg-divert" as suggested on this web page (http://g-tec.co.at/ati_alt.html):

dpkg-divert --package fglrx --add /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2
dpkg -i fglrx_4.3.0-4.12_i386.deb

Everything went well (no complain about the libGL library) but when running "fglrxinfo", I obtain the following output showing that I am not using the ATI libGL library:

display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 4.0.4

So my question is (sorry for the long introduction): is there a way, using dpkg-divert, to specify which libGL library should be used (the ATI one) in order to have the 3D acceleration working?

Thank in advance,
Nico