Re: Lcd4linux ./configure and make problem.

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 10:57:59AM -0500, Rthoreau wrote:
> Dear: Fellow Debian Users;
>
> I am having problems trying to get ./configure to generate a make file
> for Lcd4linux. Below is the output for the program.  It stops with an
> error message "configure: error: X11 headers or libraries not
> available: X11 driver disabled".
>
> This of course is taken from the last line of the below information. I
> will also include the document configure.in as an attachment; which
> the INSTALL readme says to adjust for making the make file. I have no
> idea as to what I need to change in the file to make it work.
> If you want to check the source its available at,
> http://lcd4linux.sourceforge.net/.

You need to install packages.

> checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake-1.4... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
autoconf, automake (optional)

> checking for g++... no
> checking for c++... no
> checking for gpp... no
> checking for aCC... no
> checking for CC... no
> checking for cxx... no
> checking for cc++... no
> checking for cl... no
> checking for FCC... no
> checking for KCC... no
> checking for RCC... no
> checking for xlC_r... no
> checking for xlC... no
> checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
build-essential (mandatory)

> checking for X... no
xlibs-dev (mandatory)

> checking gd/gd.h usability... no
> checking gd/gd.h presence... no
> checking for gd/gd.h... no
> checking gd.h usability... no
> checking gd.h presence... no
> checking for gd.h... no
libgd2-dev (mandatory)

> checking which drivers to compile... done
> configure: WARNING: gd.h not found: PNG driver disabled
> configure: WARNING: gd.h not found: PNG driver disabled
> configure: error: X11 headers or libraries not available: X11 driver
> disabled

Note that this info was found by the 'dlocate' program on the computer
of a programmer who uses Woody. If you use Sarge, Sid, Potato, or any
other Debian version, you may need different packages. Search
packages.debian.org for your version and:

/usr/include/gd.h
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h
/usr/bin/autoconf

Build-essential has the same name everywhere, it is a dep package that
pulls in C, C++ (which this program actually needs) and a bunch of
unobvious stuff you'll often need to compile programs.

--
The world's most effective spam filter:
        ln -sf /dev/full /var/mail/$USER