Re: Debian-exim - blech!

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 07:55:48PM -0700, exim4@pacbell.net wrote:
> ok, I know this has been brought up on the list, but I just want to vent my
> frustration at this fine distribution picking such a horrible username for
> exim4!
>
> Sheesh! I mean, the maintainers do a fine job otherwise, but I can't believe
> that this package is going into sarge this way.
>
> blech...

I believe this was done because there is some Debian policy that a
weird user name must be created in this case.  I'm not sure what the
scope of the policy is (mail programs, daemons, all created accounts),
and I can't find it in the policy manual.  Maybe it's an upstream exim
requirement/recommendation.